Welcome to Evolving Educational Technologies!
This class will focus on both the larger picture of emerging technologies
in the field of education while examining also the role of technologies of
the past. Theory and seeing the "big picture" will be a large part
of this course, but also we will look at and develop curriculum using "emerging
trends" in educational technology. Blogs and pocasting, for example, will
be made by students in this class.
EDUC 515 Scope and Sequence
You can check out the
syllabus for this course.
And then the course progression will run thus:
- SESSION ONE: Introductions
and Emerging Technologies
- SESSION TWO: Blogs,
Links, Images, and Audio Editing
- SESSION THREE: Online Learning, Voicethread, and "Growing Up Digital"
- SESSION FOUR: Web 2.0., Pedagogy, and Possibilities
- SESSION FIVE: Technology, Pedagogy,
and Practical Applications
- SESSION SIX: The Potentialities and Perils of Social Media
- SESSION SEVEN: The Role of Education in the School
- SESSION EIGHT: Thesis, Antithesis, and Synthesis
- SESSION NINE: Final Case Study Presentations
Feel free to
come in and browse whatever you wish!